Export-Import Bank of Thailand (EXIM Thailand)
|Institution type||Export Credit Agency|
|Ownership||100% owned by the Royal Thai government|
|Head office||EXIM Building, 1193 Phaholyothin Road, Samsen Nai, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400|
|Rating||Moody’s Baa1, Fitch BBB+|
|Major instruments||Export finance, investment finance, short-term export credit insurance, investment insurance|
Tel: (66) 22713700
List of EXIM Thailand products :
– Short-term Export Credit Insurance
– Medium- and Long-term Export Credit Insurance
– Investment Insurance
Export-Import Bank of Thailand (EXIM Thailand) is a financial institution wholly-owned by the Royal Thai Government under the supervision of the Ministry of Finance. It is also a member of the Berne Union.
EXIM Thailand’s main objectives are to protect domestic businesses in their overseas transactions against investment and trade risks and to promote good corporate governance and social responsibility. EXIM Thailand strives to help small and medium enterprises to expand their business internationally.
EXIM Thailand pursues these goals by providing various insurance instruments. These products include export credit insurance and investment insurance.
Export credit insurance cover Thai exporters’ losses that are incurred due to commercial and political risks.
|Eligible transaction, investment and projects||Project that has a Thai national or Thai company as a shareholder|
|Eligible beneficiaries||Lenders, private sector companies|
|Eligible forms of investment||• Equity: assets, profits or other monetary benefits derived from the insured investment
• Loans: the original principal and interest amount according to the repayment schedule under a loan agreement
|Risk types covered||Political risk
• Inconvertibility, transfer restriction, or exchange blockage
• Expropriation by host government
• War and civil disturbance in host country
• Breach of contract by host government
|Maximum tenor||From 3 to 15 years|
|Maximum amount or cover||Cover up to 90% of actual losses|
|Fee||• An application or information analysis fee of 0.1 percent of the maximum amount of insurance but not exceeding 100,000 Baht will be applicable. This fee will be deductible from the premium when the policy is issued.
• Premium rate will be specified as a percentage of the yearly amount of insurance. This premium is charged on the current amount of insurance of collected up-front each year when the policy is issued and renewed.
|Instrument||Medium- and Long-term Export Credit Insurance|
|How it works||Project or transaction that has a company which registered in Thailand|
|Eligible projects||• Supplier of goods and Services
• Financial institution providing overseas credit
|Eligible beneficiaries||Exporter that has a Thai national or Thai company as a shareholder|
|Eligible forms of investment||All export transaction such as sales of capital goods, construction contracts, service contracts, or sale of consumer durable goods, etc.
• For export of services transaction, the term of payment or contract period could be up to 5 years.
• For export of goods transaction, the term of payment or contract period should be more than 6 months to 5 years.
|Risk types covered||Political and commercial risks|
|Maximum tenor||No stated maximum|
|Maximum amount or cover||Cover up to 90% of the actual loss|
|Fee||Premiums based on type of risk covered (credit risk, construction risk, securities), coverage (political risk, commercial risk), country risk, financing structure, duration, buyer, and the like|